BJS Biotechnologies are excited to announce the launch of our new, semi-automated heat sealer for use with the xxplate™ SBS.
The use of a heat sealer is required in order to weld a sealing film to the top of an xxplate™ SBS prior to running in the xxpress™. This provides two important benefits:
- Stops sample evaporation during the run
- Prevents cross-contamination between wells
BJS Biotechnologies are pleased to announce the launch of a new and improved heat sealer, the xxsealer SA. This new heat sealer presents several advantages:
- SBS compatible
- Semi automated which makes it fast, easy to use and reproducible
- Reaches its target temperature rapidly
- Built-in safety features: sleep mode after 60 mins, shuts down after 120 mins
- Energy efficient
- Flexible system as it can seal micro-titre plates if required
As with the previous heat sealer, xxpress™ heat sealing sheets must be used. These have been chosen because their optical properties are compatible with the xxpress™ optics system.
It is quick and easy to change the sealing settings with the xxsealer SA. We found the optimal settings to be 180°C for 0.5 seconds using a pressure setting of 1.
For more information please watch our YouTube video titled “using the xxsealer SA“.